Wednesday 14 November 2012

Rousey camp responds to Cyborg MD weight cut talk

With the news that the UFC had signed Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate, talk immediately turned to Cris "Cyborg" Santos, who can apply next month for a license to fight, following a year suspension for PED use. However, Cyborg's camp said recently that following a meeting with her doctors, Santos will not be able to make the 135 lb weight division.

Ronda Rousey's manager Darin Harvey said that he isn't buying it.
"If you ask five doctors, you'll get five different opinions," said Harvey. "I guarantee you, you can find doctors that'll say the weight cut will be fine."

"It all depends on what side they're working for. It's her doctor. If you're going to trial, I can find a professional witness to make you look innocent or make you look guilty."
"I don't want to see anyone get hurt long-term … but my personal belief is she can lose the weight. She would just prefer an advantage to fight at 145 pounds. And I think we have the advantage at 135."

"At the end of the day, it's up to Ronda," Harvey said about Rousey moving up in weight. "I would advise against it because I would like to do everything to get Cyborg down to 135 pounds, but I know it's the fight the world wants to see.
"I think it's a million-plus Pay-Per-View fight, so we have to take those things into consideration."

source: sports.yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive