Tuesday 6 November 2012

Terry Etim promises to return to the octagon

Etim tells ESPN :
“I’ve had a nightmare on one hand, but then one of the best things has happened on the other. I’ve had a baby boy, which is one of the best things ever, he’s four-and-a-half months old now. Very soon he’ll be in the gym – I’m already trying to teach him now!”
“But then I also snapped my shoulder pretty bad, that happened in about April. I went for a flying armbar on one of my training partners, and as I’ve gone for it he’s pulled out of the armbar, so I’ve fallen straight on my shoulder. I knew straight away it was snapped, it was a very bad injury. But when I got back from that, I got a staph infection. It’s been one thing after another.”

“Now I’m recovered from the infection, my shoulder’s 100 per cent, I’m back in training so hopefully as soon as I get a fight, I’ll be good to go. I can roll with it (the shoulder), I can punch, I can grapple and it’s holding up well. My manager’s going to be in contact with Joe Silva about my next fight, now that my staph infection has gone.
“I was in Nottingham the other week and, seeing the other lads fight, I was thinking, ‘I should be there’. I was happy for the others, but I want to be there myself. I’m going to come back with a bang, believe me. I’m coming back, 100 per cent. If the UFC offered me something in January, I’d jump at it with two hands.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive