Monday 20 August 2012

Dan Henderson plans on winning every round against Jon Jones

That's the plan when "Hendo" takes on reigning Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones in the main event of UFC 151 on Sat., Sept. 1, 2012, in Las Vegas, Nevada. But on top of that, "Decision Dan" also wants to make sure he wins every round to remove all doubt.

"Two Pride belts and the Strikeforce light heavyweight belt; I guess there's one more to get on my list and that's the UFC belt. With Jon Jones, I plan on winning every round. I want to make sure I win every round so there's no question. If I can hit him in the right spot pretty hard at the right time and finish him, it's even better. I think he's a little bit cocky. Thinking you're much better at something than you are and you're going to get caught in a spot you shouldn't. I feel like things that I need to watch out for most is probably his elbows, his knees and a little bit of his kicks. Not so concerned about his hands. Once I'm inside and tight with him, I plan on definitely putting him on his back and seeing how he fights from there. We haven't really seen him on his back at all. I don't plan on wasting this opportunity. I plan on making the best of it and making sure I come out on top no matter what it takes. If I can do what I know I can do, then I'm going to beat anybody out there, no matter how big they are or how small they are. I know that I can beat anybody out there if I perform the way I know I can."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive