Friday 1 July 2011

UFC 132 – Melvin Guillard declares he’s the best striker and finisher in the lightweight division

UFC lightweight powerhouse, Melvin Guillard has been giving further food for thought on his upcoming fight with Shane Roller this weekend on the UFC 132 card in Las Vegas, Nevada, claiming he’s the best striker and finisher in the 155 pound ranks.
Speaking via NOLA.com Guillard said:
“Every fight is a title fight in the UFC. Every victory is important, because you want to have job security. I always need to put on a good show and win so the next time I will get a phone call to fight again. That’s my mindset. I’m not going to call out any names, but there aren’t any finishers like me. I usually end my fights in the first or second round. I am the fastest athlete, the best striker and the best finisher in my weight class. I have to beat Shane Roller to make a statement.”
Guillard is coming off a very impressive knockout win over highly touted Evan Dunham in the main event of the UFC Fight Night 23 event in January. The Greg Jackson trained fighter called for a title shot following the fight.  Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive