Thursday 30 June 2011

UFC 132 – Aaron Simpson says his formative years are not even an issue ahead of latest octagon outing

At 36 years of age you might be forgiven for thinking UFC middleweight, Aaron Simpson was in the twilight years of his career and had given up trying to compete with the young studs making their way up the ranks at 185 pounds but you’d be wrong as he says his age won’t be a factor when he takes on Brad Tavares at UFC 132 this weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com Simpson said:
“I don’t think my age if a factor anymore. My conditioning is great, and I’m injury free. I haven’t take a lot of shots to my head. I feel young in this sport. I’m motivated and want to do it and want to be great at it. I feel like I have many years left in this sport. Do I see being 45 and doing this? Probably not. But I could see fighting past 40.”
On his style inside the octagon, Simpson said:
“It’s not straight wrestling. It’s more mixed martial arts than just throwing punches. That’s the most exciting part of the sport to me – a fighter who can set up his punches with the takedown. That transition between the two is really what I’m getting better at.”
Simpson recently rebounded from back-to-back losses inside the octagon to Chris Leben and Mark Munoz when he pulled off a dominating unanimous decision win over Mario Miranda. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive