Tuesday 21 June 2011

Meisha Tate concentrating on her training, not bad blood ahead of title showdown with Marloes Coenen

Strikeforce 135 pound women’s number one contender, Meisha Tate has been discussing her upcoming title fight with current champion, Marloes Coenen on the July 30th card in Chicago, Illinois, explaining she’s concentrating on doing what she does best and not comments about how she presents herself.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com Tate said:
“I don’t think that she knows me well enough to say anything. So I feel like it’s just going to be her trying to hype the fight. I think to each his own in the way we choose to present ourselves. I definitely don’t think she should base her opinion of my fighting ability on my presentation at all because she’ll be sorely mistaken.”
“Now that I’m already in great shape, I can really apply a gameplan every day. I don’t have to spend my camp trying to get in shape or lose weight. It’s all about sharpening the skillset that I’ve already developed.”
“I have nothing against Marloes personally. I think she’s a great representative of women’s MMA. She’s a pioneer; she’s been fighting for 10 or more years. I respect her as an athlete. I have nothing bad to say about her on a personal level.  Maybe she’s trying to stir the pot a little bit, but it’s not really registering to me. I’m just focused about training, and I’m in good spirits about the fight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive