Sunday 16 September 2012

Fitch : "I don't have to be a better fighter I just have to be a better showman."

"It's impossible to tell. There's no system for picking number one contenders. There's no order, there's no lineup, there's no point system. It's just whoever they feel they're going to make the most money off of. That's who gets the title shot. It kind of sucks, because in other sports there's kind of a clear path; you do this, this and this, and you get this. That's just not the way combat sports work I guess. It doesn't work that way with boxing or the UFC. It comes down to showmanship. I have to be a better showman to get a title shot. I don't have to be a better fighter I just have to be a better showman."

His next fight is booked for UFC 153 on Oct. 13 in Brazil against Erick Silva, so we may be seeing the new improved entertaining Fitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive