Thursday 23 June 2011

Matt Mitrione says Shane Carwin has got a lot to learn when it comes to his conditioning for a fight

Undefeated UFC heavyweight, Matt Mitrione has been giving his thoughts on the recent fall from grace by former interim heavyweight champion, Shane Carwin, explaining the monster has a lot to learn about his body and how he should use his explosiveness.
Speaking via Yahoo! Sports, Mitrione said:
“I think Carwin is a good guy, but I think Carwin has a lot he has to learn, especially about his explosiveness now. I think gassing is a huge thing to a heavyweight. For it to happen the first time in a major fight (against Brock Lesnar) I think it might have played a little bit of mind games for Carwin. I think it’s very serious. Gassing is a big damn deal … Adrenaline dump is a bitch and once it sets in it really plays mind games with you. I think a couple more fights for him to get used to it because I think it can really make or break you, I’ve seen that happen with a couple people.”
Mitrione is back in action this Sunday night when he takes on fellow monster, Christian Morecraft on the main card of the UFC on Versus 4 card in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Will a win set up a possible showdown with Carwin down the line or would that be too soon for someone who would have gone 5-0 inside the octagon?
 By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive