Thursday 23 June 2011

Jon Jones: “I think personally it would be cool to be considered the heavyweight champion of the world”

UFC light heavyweight champion, Jon Jones has seemingly set his sights on heavyweight gold ahead of his first title defense later this year, explaining it would be a cool thing to be known as the heavyweight champion and he certainly has the frame to do so.
Speaking via the SB Nation, Jones said:
“I think personally it would be cool to be considered a heavyweight champion of the world. I think it doesn’t get much better than that. But I’m totally fine with being the light heavyweight champion. I’m 23 and have lots of years to mature as an athlete and in my physique. I’m also getting smarter with the decisions I make. I have a really good nutritionist that’s been helping me. Her name’s Kelly Keegan. She’s designing all my diets and all the fitness things I do. The type of workouts that I’m doing. She gives my girl friend consistent, new recipes and tricks on what can make me perform and look my best. That’s making it a lot easier for me. My last two fights, the Bader fight and the Shogun fight, I felt extremely powerful. Against Shogun I competed at weigh-in, I was about 217 and had 5.25% body fat which is extremely low so yeah, everything is working out and I’m making it easier on myself.”
Jones still has a little work to do before clearing out the 205 pound ranks with his next fight coming against former champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in the month of September. Another possible opponent comes in the form of karate master, Lyoto Machida who many believe could give the youngster a run for his money.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive