Friday 28 January 2011

UFC 126 – Vitor Belfort talks about his plan to emerge from a year of injury woes to capture the biggest prize of them all

UFC middleweight number one contender, Vitor Belfort has been speaking tonight about the long road he took to recover from injury ahead of his return to the octagon next weekend where he’ll take on Anderson Silva at UFC 126, explaining you can only deals with things that present themselves to you.
Speaking to MMABay.co.uk via tonight’s conference call, Belfort said:
“It was a labrum tear. The tear was very big. I fought my last fight (against Rich Franklin) with the tear, so I think the tear started getting bigger and bigger until I couldn’t perform the training anymore. The healing process for the shoulder, it’s a long time, so that’s why I was out for this long period.”
“I try to deal with the things that I have to deal with. The way I look at that point, one year and a half, every time that I’m out of my job as a fighter, I try to improve everything else in my life, so I try to avoid that gap. The only way to find out if it’s going to be effective or not (is) when you step in the ring.
“I try to take good things, bad things, and put them together to use as a fighter to make me strong. That’s the way in my life. (Silva) prove himself as a champion, and he can pass through tribulation and he can overcome, so I have to be prepared and ready for any type of position that we come to in the fight.”
One other major concern for Belfort will be if he can safely make the 185 pound weight limit for the fight after spending the last two years competing at either a higher weight class or out of action due to injury. Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming weeks for more build-up to this epic encounter as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive