Friday 28 January 2011

TFC 16 – Abe Wagner sees nothing but positive things from facing Tim Sylvia

Former “Ultimate Fighter” cast member, Abe Wagner has been giving his thoughts on facing former UFC heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia at the Titan Fighting Championships 16 card this weekend, explaining there’s only positive things to be gained from taking this fight.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Wagner said:
“A win would be huge here. If it doesn’t go my way, there’s worse things that can happen than getting beat by Tim Sylvia. But it’s all upside for me, and it’s a very winnable fight.
“I knew I wasn’t going to put on 50 pounds in a month, anyway. I might as well try to emphasize my speed and agility advantage over him rather than try to gain 50 pounds to match bulk for bulk. I know what I typically want to do to a shorter opponent, so I have a good guess what he wants to do to me,” Wagner said. “Hopefully, I figure it out.”
“As the fights get better, and hopefully, I get back in Strikeforce (or) the UFC, we’ll have to prepare each individual fight specifically to the guy I’m fighting. Like Brock Lesnar, for instance. If I were to fight him, I would work with big wrestlers and defend the takedowns, and keep the fight standing up.”
“I think it’s no secret what each of our strategies are going to be going into the fight. We’re probably going to stand there and bang it out, so it should be a great show for the crowd.”
That said, Wagner is looking to rebound from an embarrassing eight-second defeat at the hands of Travis Browne via TKO. Prior to that he’d been on a three fight winning streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive