Friday 28 January 2011

Mirko Cro Cop: 'The fire is back and I am more motivated than ever'

Crocopx-large_medium
Props: DreamFighters
Quoteworthy:
"The Fire is back. I am more motivated than ever, and trainings are going real well. My injuries have healed, and I am back to my old routines of striking. I am more explosive. I am not looking past my next fight, however I want to fight my way back, and face strong opponents."
After Brendan Schaub called out the aging PRIDE legend back in November, Croatian kickboxer Mirko Filipovic will finally step into the cage at UFC 128: "Shogun vs. Evans" on March 19 in New Jersey to answer "The Hybrid's" call. "Cro Cop" had a two fight winning streak halted after a knee by Frank Mir put him on queer street back at UFC 119 last September. Despite the stoppage, Filipovic sounds undeterred and has recaptured "the fire" that made him one of the sport's most feared strikers. Cro Cop says he's "back" -- but do you believe him?

3 comments:

  1. Not sure if I "believe" him, but it would sure as hell shake things up if he KO's Schaub. He hasn't looked motivated since coming to the UFC and the way he fights has shown that. Cro Cop fans would go insane if he comes out for this next fight with the killer instinct he used to fight with in PRIDE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can take the man out the fight! but you can't take the fight out of the man! He will always be a dangerous fighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe him. I know his training changed 2 fights ago and he was looking better until the knee from Mir. His striking has always been great... no question. I've always thought he needed to work on other aspects of his game to be more well-rounded. I've been a big fan for years and would also go nuts for a Schaub KO.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive