Friday 28 January 2011

Dominick Cruz says he’s a couple of fights away from cleaning out the division, open to future fight against Jose Aldo

UFC bantamweight champion, Dominick Cruz has revealed that he feels he’s a couple of fights away from doing what he wants in the 135 pound division after defeating Joseph Benavidez for a second time, as well as indicating he’d be happy to move up in weight and take on Brazilian maverick, Jose Aldo.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Cruz said:
“I just felt like the opportunity was there, (and) it felt like the right thing to do. Also, I was still hearing a lot of controversy I beat Benavidez for the second time about how I barely beat him. I just think I needed to prove to a lot of people that I’m here in this division to stay, and I’m going to stay at the top for a long time.”
“I think I’m still a couple of fights away from doing what I’d like to do in my division. Before a fight like that would take place, I would want to fight Urijah for sure (and) prove that I’m better than him.
“I’d absolutely entertain the thought of fighting Jose Aldo in the future, but I have to get a couple of more wins in my division and defend my title a couple of times for sure.”
The UFC bantamweight champion is now 17-1 in his mixed martial arts career and as fans we can only hope Cruz returns to action sooner rather than later. The likes of Urijah Faber and Eddie Wineland will be keeping a close eye on the return date for Dominick Cruz as they prepare for a showdown at UFC 128 in March, a fight that will likely produce the next challenger for Cruz when he returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive