Saturday 29 January 2011

UFC 126 – Paul Kelly plans on taking it to Donald Cerrone from the very first minute of the fight

UK stand-out, Paul Kelly has today warned former three-time WEC title contender, Donald Cerrone to expect a fight from the very first second when they climb into the octagon at UFC 126 next weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada, adding he’ll be able to smell his opponents breath.
Speaking via ESPN.co.uk, Kelly said:
“From minute one I’ll make this a fight. I’ll be in his face, I’ll smell his breath, and I’ll be giving him everything I possess in my arsenal. He thinks I come from a boxing gym, but I’ll be coming at him with flying knees, punches, kicks, takedowns… the only thing you can rule out is the submission.”
“I know I got submitted by Marcus Davies but I’m a hard man to submit. I’m not going to submit him – I’ll tell you that straight, I won’t submit him. If it comes to the position where I can submit somebody or stick my elbow in their forehead and make them bleed, I’ll stick my elbow into their forehead because I’ve got sharp elbows that make people bleed.”
“The last guy who I fought had a world record with triangle chokes and I train with Paul Sass who has a world record for consecutive triangle chokes. O’Brien tried one and he got punched in the face. This isn’t jiu-jitsu, it’s not boxing, it’s not wrestling, it’s MMA. People forget that. They get carried away with jiu-jitsu, which is great on a mat or in a jiu-jitsu competition, but this is mixed martial artists.”
Kelly has yo-yoed between wins and losses since dropping to 155 pounds, defeating Rolando Delgardo, Matt Veach and T.J. O’Brien, whilst coming up short against Dennis Siver and Jacob Volkmann. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive