Friday 28 January 2011

BAMMA 5 – Paul “Semtex” Daley predicts he’ll be a surprise for Yuya Shirai in Manchester

Strikeforce welterweight contender, Paul “Semtex” Daley has been speaking about his upcoming fight with Yuya Shirai on the BAMMA 5 card on February 26th in Manchester, England, saying he’ll be too much for his Japanese counterpart when it comes down to it.
Speaking via the BAMMA website, Daley said:
“I have seen his fights; I will watch them again closer to the bout. He is a very capable fighter, but he has never fought someone at my level – this is gonna be a surprise to him, for sure.”
“He is a good all-rounder, maybe not as athletic as me. I have been up against many fighters who have never been stopped before… until they fight me.”
The fight will be for the BAMMA welterweight title and could put Paul Daley in line for a crack at the Strikeforce version of the belt, something that’s on the line this weekend when champion, Nick Diaz goes head-to-head with Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive