Friday 28 January 2011

Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante admits he’s still interested in Thomson rematch

Strikeforce lightweight star, Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante has been speaking about being in the dark over his next fight with the California based mixed martial arts promotion, explaining he’s open to facing Josh Thomson once again inside the cage so he can right the wrong of last year.
Speaking via Fighters Only Magazine, Cavalcante admitted:
“I’m basically in the dark. I wanted to fight on either the December or January Strikeforce card. I was told they were full, so I was told I’d be fighting in the February show. That got full, so I heard March would be it. But that’s coming up quickly. I don’t know when or who I’m fighting.”
“I would like to have another fight with Josh (Thomson), for sure. And I think that would be fair. Not just for me, but for the fans as well. Everywhere I go, fans are asking for a rematch with that fight.”
“I’m a challenge for anybody there, and I just want to prove that. But I need the fights to prove that. I just want to fight as much as I can, every three or four months, if possible. I really want to get back in there. I’m a challenge for anybody – but I need the fights to prove that.”
The rematch with Thomson looks more likely now that Josh Thomson was defeated by top rated Japanese star, Tatsuya Kawajiri on New Year’s Eve in Japan. Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming weeks for word on when, where and against who the Brazilian will return as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive