Sunday 2 December 2012

GSP wants $50 million to fight Anderson Silva

During the latest episode of The MMA Beat, Mike Straka dropped some news via "somebody close to St. Pierre" that the French-Canadian wants to get paid a significant amount of cash to battle the 185-pound king


"I was told by somebody very close to Georges that Georges today makes close to $8 million a fight. So to fight Anderson Silva he's going to ask for $50 million
I'm no mathematician nor an economist but I do know for a fact that that's a shit ton of money. Now how did that number come to be?
"Because he said that Georges has 10 fights left in his career at $8 million a fight. But he believes that Anderson could actually hurt him, could physically hurt him and end his career. So to take that chance he wants $50 million and that's exactly the number he's going to go to Dana White with."
That's some compellingly cold logic. "I'll take the fight but because he might kill my career, I want to be paid as though I never took the fight and went about my career as it was" makes sense here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive