Thursday 15 November 2012

Shinya Aoki is hoping to fight Kotetsu Boku ,and win the ONE FC lightweight title.

Veteran Shinya Aoki reluctantly returned his DREAM lightweight belt recently , with the Japanese promotion's future looking bleak, he had elected to sign an exclusive contract with the new force in Asian MMA, ONE FC.

That means the Japanese submission wizard is without a title for the first time since 2008, when there was a brief gap between him giving up his Shooto welterweight belt and winning the DREAM lightweight strap.

It leaves a space in the 29 year old's trophy cabinet which he is in a hurry to fill and he already has a replacement belt in his sights.

"I was proud to to be DREAM champion but that time is over and my thoughts now are only on the future and I want the ONE FC belt. Evolve MMA has taken me to the next level, I am surrounded by the greatest team and coaches in the world and we are like a family, and we push each other extremely hard in training and I want to bring the belt back to Evolve MMA for all my team mates."

source vis:SBNATION

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive