Friday 22 July 2011

Cub Swanson reveals the UFC’s accident insurance cover saved him $50,000 in injury costs

Former WEC featherweight star, Cub Swanson has been speaking about becoming the first fighter to apply for and receive a bumper payout on the UFC’s accident insurance cover, before adding he can’t wait to finally step into the octagon to repay them every dime.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Swanson said:
“Right when it happened, I immediately went to the corner and went, ‘I need to take a year off. I’m done.’” I was so frustrated. You train for months at a time, and it just gets taken away like that. I’m officially the first person to ever use it. But I guess if I do something, I do it big. That’s kind of my thing.”
“We knew it’d be tough for them to find a company willing to insure 400 ultimate fighters. I’m glad they found it. And they said the coverage that we have is a start, and I believe it’ll evolve into even better coverage. I’m super thankful. I can’t wait to get back in there and repay them.”
Swanson was last seen in action at WEC 52 in November, defeating Mackens Semerzier via unanimous decision on the night. The Jackson’s Mixed Martial Arts trained star is currently awaiting to make his octagon debut which will likely happen early in 2012.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive