Wednesday 26 September 2012

Stann: "Dana said he thought i'd won"

Dana came back after the fight and told me he thought I won the fight," Stann said on the Fuel TV post-show. "Of course I am going to be biased, I was in there and I thought I won. I have to take an analytical view. I knew it was going to be close, but I thought I won the fight."

The loss was Stann's second in his last three bouts, the other coming against Chael Sonnen last year. But despite those two defeats, Stann thinks he can get himself right back into the mix with a couple of quality wins given the parity in the middleweight division.
"I think I could still fight the good contenders, I don't think I go back to fighting the up and comers," he said. "I think if I get two big wins in a row, I can get right back to a fight that means something. There are a lot of us to who have gotten there, fall down and then come back. That is what I have to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive