Wednesday 5 September 2012

Lyoto Machida is not next in line for light heavyweight title shot

"You know that when I make a fight, I don't say a word till both bout agreements are signed and the deal is done. I did exactly what it is that I never do, because we were in this position. That big media call was the next day -- I wanted to have some answers. So, I went out there, and Machida was in the friggin jungle, somewhere. Ed told me, 'He's in the jungle. I can't get a hold of him.' I said, 'What do you think?' He said, 'I think he's gonna take the fight. I don't see why he wouldn't.' So, I went with it, and it didn't work out. This is a guy who had been terrorizing me for a title shot, and he said that four weeks wasn't enough. I said okay and moved on. Lyoto had been crying for a title shot for a long time, and you know how this stuff goes. When you turn down the opportunity to fight, things start going in another path, in another direction. It happened to Rashad Evans. Rashad Evans was out of a fight for a year and a half. We'll see what happens. He's not next in line. He'll fight another fight."

says UFC boss Dana White.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive