Monday 26 March 2012

Hendo: Would've been better if I got Jones fight

UFC president Dana White recently said: "I was trying to put together Dan Henderson vs Shogun II and Henderson doesn't want to do the fight. Henderson wants to wait for the winner of either Jonny Jones or Anderson Silva. He wants Anderson Silva, if Silva wins [against Chael Sonnen], he will make that cut. Otherwise, he wants to fight the winner of Rashad and Jones."

The truth is Henderson believes he should have been handed the next crack at light-heavyweight champion Jones following his Fight of the Year win over Shogun. The fact that the UFC gave the fight to Evans simply means he has to wait for the winner of that fight.

"I guess Dana promised Rashad he was next for the title shot," Henderson told ESPN. "But timing wise, it would have been better for me to fight Jones, and then have Rashad fight the winner.

"That would have been better than having Rashad come right back after fighting Phil Davis, and it's probably going to be pushed again if Rashad wins because he's going to have to fight me pretty quickly as well.

"Dana hasn't publicly stated that I'm next but that's the word. We'll see."

"The only fight that makes sense is a title shot, I was hoping to jump the line in front of Rashad, but I've got to wait until Rashad fights Jon Jones and then I'll fight the winner."


via:ESPN.CO.UK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive