Friday 9 December 2011

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive interview with Miesha "TakeDown" Tate

Miesha Tate is Strikeforce Bantamweight champion, also voted top 12 hottest women in sport,and holds a very impressive record of (12-2) lets find out a little more about "TakeDown Tate",Thanks for taking the time out to answer these questions, we really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life.

Tell the UK fans how you got in to the world of mma?
 I began wrestling on the boys wrestling team my freshman year of high school because I didn't want to play basketball! I quickly fell in love with the competitive nature of the sport & after graduation I began attending Central Washington University where I found MMA & the best coach/current boyfriend Bryan Caraway
Who are your idols?
I have many! I idolize anyone who can come out ahead in a time of adversity or turn a negative into a positive.


Have you any advice for any women out there wanting to start mma?
Yes, be professionals training/fighting is NOT the time to be a "Girl" it takes a special kind of individual to want to compute in one of the worlds most rigorous sports regardless of gender, if your not there for the right reasons you won't be fooling many for long when you get you butt kicked!

Who is your favourite fighter at the minute?
I have always really enjoyed watching Gilbert Melendez fight because I think he really shows what it means to fight with your heart, not only is he talented but he's very determined and has that never give up attitude and he's always exciting wherever the fight goes.


Do you think it would benefit women’s mma to be in the UFC?
Yes I do & I believe it would benefit the UFC to have women in their organization!

Do you want to defend your Loss to Sarah Kaufman?
Yes, avenging my loss to Sarah Kaufman would be a great moment in the life of Miesha Tate haha! It's a huge goal of mine.


Also any personal message to Sarah after the smack she was talking on twitter?
Basically she better not underestimate me, I have to tools to beat her and she needs to recognize that.


Would you ever want to go toe to toe with Ronda Rousey?
Sure, I think Ronda would make for a great fight but I still believe she should have a couple fights in the 135lb division first but of coarse that's not my decision so if ZUFFA likes that fight right now I guess better for me!!


Is there anything you wanna say to your haters???
Hate away, love me or hate me your still watching me, that's all I care about! Hate only fuels me!

After your mmafighting.com interview we would all like to know Should it matter if women fighters are hot?
No it shouldn't matter as far as who gets what, I think we should all have to earn our positions as athletes & fighters first and foremost HOWEVER I think it's great for the women fighters who keep it feminine outside the cage, we have the right to be girly and womanly outside the cage and I personally like to embrace that as well but I think it's fine for those who don't like to just the same.


Do you see yourself doing a Gina Carano and staring in any movies?
Maybe at some point, I love fighting it's where my heart is at but I barely get to do it anymore it seems so that kinda sux I have a lot of down time and would be open to pursuing other thing in the meantime.


We wish you the best for the future your a star and your gonna be a champ for a longtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive