Tuesday 22 November 2011

UFC-bound Jake Hecht praises Cage Warriors


UFC-bound Jake Hecht has thanked Cage Warriors for giving him the opportunity to take his career to the next level.

Hecht (10-2-0) signed a four-fight deal with the organisation earlier this month and will make his debut at UFC 140 in Toronto against Rich Attonito on December 10.

The Missouri native has made three Cage Warriors appearances; having been defeated by Che Mills last year, Hecht bounced back in 2011 with impressive wins over Craig White and Michele Verginelli.


“Cage Warriors is one of the biggest and best organisations in Europe,” said Hecht. “They have given me such a great opportunity to grow and continue my success as a fighter.


"The opponents I’ve faced in the organisation have been veterans of the game and by beating them it has only helped me to get noticed.”

Hecht, who’s based at the MMA Clinic in Cork, flew to Springfield, Illinois over the weekend to begin preparations for his UFC debut under veteran coach Marc Fiore.

“I’m a well-rounded fighter,” added the 27-year-old. “The way I’ll win this fight is by beating Rich in all areas because he’s very well-rounded too.

“But we won’t do much different in preparation. I’ve prepared for big fights before and won. If it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.

Cage Warriors Fighting Championships now available LIVE in USA, Canada, UK, Ireland & Africa via the following TV partners:
     
“My goal now is very simple – to win. Mixing the game up and keeping Rich guessing will be the key to victory for me in this fight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive