Saturday 12 November 2011

MMABLOGSPOT exclusive interview with the high flying Pablo Garza

 MMABLOGSPOT wants to thank the 'Scarecrow' for taking time out to do this interview,
Pablo Garza is known for his awesome skills such as his flying Triangle against Yves Jabouin, and the flying knee against  Fredson Paixao. we cant wait to see more of this fighters skills in the future.

How did you get into MMA and at what age?

I started training about 4 1/2 years ago. I didn't do any wrestling or boxing in high school or college, I sort of just fell in to it. I went to a boxing gym with my brother-in-law and tried to get some amateur fights, but nobody would fight me. At the gym I met some MMA guys that I started hanging out with, soon after that and I ended up going with them to train. The rest is history

Any advice you would give to anyone wanting to get into the sport
wanting to train or fight?
If they truly want to be a professional fighter, it's a lot more than just training that goes along with it. Living a fighter life style can be hard. Sometimes you want to quit, there's not a lot of money involved unless you make it big, and you need to be 100% dedicated to the sport.


Which Fighters do you enjoy watching and why?
Anderson Silva and GSP, because they are dynamic, exciting, have perfect technique, and everything they do is just amazing



So for the fans who don't know how and why are you "The Scarecrow"?
First time I ever cut to 145 I looked really skinny and gross, so my teammates starting calling me a scarecrow



When people see you outside the cage wearing your clark kent style
glasses do they believe you when you say your a fighter?
Unless they recognize me from the UFC they don't believe I am because "I don't look or act mean, and I'm not huge and muscular"


Most Fans were probably introduced to you when you appeared on the
Ultimate fighter GSP vs Koscheck seasons 1st episode where you lost to
Michael Johnson
how has the Ultimate Fighter impacted on your life?
It was the first time I ever got mass exposure in the fight world. After I got a chance to be on the show, I realized that I knew I could make it to the big show. All I needed to do was work hard and sooner or later I'd be right back in the UFC promotion. I am really grateful that the UFC believed in me enough to sign me on, and I plan on doing everything I can to prove that this is where I belong

The fans need to know are you Team Miller or Team
Bisping ?-
TEAM MILLER! Bisping does way to much trash talking for me.
Pablo_garza_vs
After your ultimate fighter appearance you got picked up by WEC and
took a fight on Short notice (5 Days) how did that come about and
would you do it again considering you lost? -
Well after the TUF 12 set back. I really wanted to get back to the big show. So I began by taking a fight just about every month. I wanted to get my name out in the public eye. Then got a manager, Monte Cox, who believed I was good enough to fight in the big shows. He found a great opportunity for me to fight in the WEC vs Teiquan Zang. Zang's sceduled opponent couldn't take the fight, so they needed someone to fill his spot within five days. I did a little bit of research with my coaches and came to the conclusion that I could definitely win. But, with that being said, I really wasn't prepared for the media attention I would be getting. I hadn't been exposed to that before, having only fought at local events in North Dakota. All the camera's and fans got to me mentally, and when I stepped in the ring the nerves took over and as we all now know, I lost by guillotine in the first round. But since then I believe I've proven to the fans that i belong in the UFC. I also believe that the opponents i've beat are better, so that loss really doesn't bother me at all.

After the loss did you think the UFC would still want to bring you in
when WEC merged with UFC? - 
I wasn't really sure. I thought I had wasted a great oppertunity again and figured my chance was gone. But they called me up and had me face Fredson in the TUF 12 FINALE, and I am forever grateful that they gave me a second chance to prove myself!
If you could Fight any celebrity who would it be? And how you see it ending?
I would fight Kevin James. He's a huge MMA fan and such a funny guy. Who knows, he might even whoop my ass


So You have been seen tweeting about the latest UFC game coming Jan
2012. PS3 or Xbox? gamer tag? -
ps3 all the way! Scaarcrow!

I know when you found out your name was not on the roster for the game
you were not happy. Are they doing anything about it?
It was just an automatic reaction, I was a bit surprised that a person I beat was on the game and I was not. But I'm focusing on my fight coming up and just staying in the UFC and keep furthering my career. If I keep doing what I'm doing they can't keep me off for too long! No hard feelings, I LOVE YOU DANA WHITE!!

Apart from UFC games what's your other top games to play?
Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Dragon Age.

Obviously everyone loves music and id like to know what kind of music
"The Scarecrow" listens too?
I'm a HUGE fan of Florence and the Machine, my plan is to offer her a ticket for one of my upcoming UFC fights in return of a ticket for one of her concerts, hopefully she says yes... Other than that I listen to Modest Mouse, Madrugada, Enya, 2pac and all kinds of awesome stuff.

Pablo_garza_vs
If you had to sum yourself up with one track by any band who and what
would it be?
haha that's a tough one, I've never gotten that question before. It all depends on where I am in life. Right now things are going great for me, so I would have to say Dog Days by Florence and the machine. I think the chorus sums it up the best. Sometimes when we strive to accomplish something really important we have to block out all other influences in our own lives. We have to do this in order to succeed and obtain what we want most. Arnold Schwarzenegger was so dedicated to being the greatest body builder ever, that when his father died before a competition he didnt go to his funeral in order to obtain his goal. Some might think that is terrible, but sometimes we need to make those drastic decision in order to succeed in life

I want to thank Pablo for the interview, also my partner in crime Micky Dee for puting this interview togeather, you can follow both these guys on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive