Sunday 25 September 2011

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson targets February rematch with Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in Saitama, Japan

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has made it clear he wants to rematch another former champion in the form of Mauricio “Shogun” Rua when the Las Vegas based promotion makes it’s long awaited return to Japan early next year.
Speaking after his fight last night in Denver, Colorado, Jackson said:

“It would be very special because I’ve got a lot of respect for Shogun. That’s been one that’s haunted me for a long time. So I want to rematch Shogun in Japan. That would be like a dream come true.”
 
UFC President, Dana White revealed at the post-fight press conference:

“[Jackson] and I just talked about [fighting 'Shogun' Rua in Japan] when he was back there getting stitched up. [Rua] is fighting Dan Henderson in San Jose, so we’ll see what happens there. What Rampage said to me was, ‘I want to fight in that Japan fight.’ I said, ‘Cool.’ I’m never going to argue with you when you tell me you want to fight.”

Jackson fought “Shogun” back in 2005 at PRIDE Total Elimination and lost in the first round via TKO due to soccer kicks. The fight was an opening round grand-prix bout, a grand-prix “Shogun” would go on to win with wins over Antonio Rogerio Nogueira, Alistair Overeem and Ricardo Arona.

source:mmabay.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive