Monday 12 September 2011

Paul Daley: Lorenzo Fertitta is a real cool guy but Dana White 'can be a bit of a problem'

Photo via Yahoo Sports

BAMMA bomb-dropper Paul Daley, fresh off a victory over  Jordan Radev on Sept. 10 in the United Kingdom, has been the victim of the ol' "good cop, bad cop" routine.
Lorenzo Fertitta is nice! Dana White is not.!

Daley, of course, received a "lifetime ban" from the UFC Prez after he clocked an unsuspecting Josh Koscheck with a cheap shot following a "Kos" wrestle-fest that sent the British banger to a frustrating unanimous decision loss at UFC 113 in Montreal.

The punishment did little to deter Daley -- who went on to capture four straight wins in various regional and international promotions before getting stopped at the hands of Nick Diaz in their Strikeforce welterweight title fight back in April.
"I kind of got the impression from the first time I met [Dana White] that he didn't like me. He's like that you know. There have been a bunch of unnecessary UFC releases, and I guess if Dana likes somebody he will give them chances, if not, he will let them go. I've only spoken to Dana after the Dustin Hazelett fight, and I spoke to him just initially when I entered the UFC, literally just two times. On the other note, Lorenzo, I've spoken to him a bunch of times ... It's quite funny, I've seen both of them (at UFC 132) and Dana walked straight past me and Lorenzo walks past and stops and he greets me. I think that shows the character of different individuals. I just think Lorenzo Fertitta is a real cool guy. It is funny how the real guy, the guy with the money, the real boss behind the scenes, is the coolest guy and the front man can be a bit of a problem."
Daley is 2-0 under the BAMMA banner. Not only has he won both fights for the British fight promotion by stopping Yuya Shirai and the aforementioned Radev, but he's also missed weight on both occasions.

source:sbnation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive