Tuesday 27 September 2011

Henderson: I am better in every way, Shogun will be fun

Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion Dan Henderson claims he does not feel inferior to Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua in any way.

Henderson returns to the UFC for the first time since July 2009 when he takes on Rua at UFC 139 during November in a five-round contest.

"Shogun's a tough fighter, he's been around a long time," he told prommanow.com. "He's been in there with some of the top guys and done well. He's well rounded, throwing some nice knees and nice kicks, [and] he's got some power in his punches.

"With that being said, I think I'm better in every aspect and should definitely do well in that fight. It's a five rounder, but I think I'll be able to wear him out, so it could be an advantage to me."

The winner of Henderson-Rua is expected to face off against whoever emerges victorious between Rashad Evans and Jon Jones - and Henderson is desperate to test himself against Jones, even if there is no championship on the line.

"I would love to match myself up with him one of these days, whether it's for a belt or not," Henderson said. "He's one of those awkward fighters that makes it a fun challenge - he's a fun guy to fight. He has some different tools that he uses, and it's always fun to figure out how to beat him."

source:ESPN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive