Tuesday 2 August 2011

UFC 133 – Tito Ortiz talks about what he needs to do to beat Rashad Evans in Philadelphia

Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Tito Ortiz has been speaking about what he needs to do to pull off yet another upset this coming weekend by beating Rashad Evans in a rematch of their 2007 battle, as well as adding he’s looking forward to proving people wrong.
Speaking via Sherdog.com, Ortiz said:
“I think my attitude’s changed a whole bunch where now I’m more positive. Before I had to talk so much smack on the guy I was fighting. I had to be so negative. I’ve changed my whole attitude. I don’t need to sell the fight by talking smack on the other guy. My name will sell the fight.”
“He has speed and great takedowns. I watched [the fight] with him and ‘Rampage,’ and the way he beat ‘Rampage’ was throw a one-two and hit the shot. I’ve got to make sure I defend the takedown, control the head position at all times and maybe possibly look for a shot myself.”
“I’ve heard this all before. I’ve proved people wrong by doing it. I’ll prove all the people right that have had my back when I get my hand raised after this fight.”
Ortiz is coming off a surprising first round submission win over “Ultimate Fighter” season eight winner, Ryan Bader at UFC 132 early on in July, a win that prevented him being axed from the Las Vegas based promotion’s roster. Despite winning two rounds last time out against Evans the fight ended a draw after he repeatedly grabbed the cage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive