Tuesday 2 August 2011

UFC 133 – Mike Brown admits he contemplated retirement after losing three fights in a row

Former WEC featherweight champion, Mike Brown has today admitted he contemplated hanging his gloves up for good after coming up short on three consecutive occasions over the past year but vowed to continue despite this due to his love of the sport.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Brown said:
“It’s my passion. It’s what I love; it’s what I’d do for free. Obviously, money is good as well, but I love the sport. It’s something I want to do, and I’m going to keep doing it as long as I can. I was seriously considering retiring. I thought, ‘Maybe it’s time.’ I don’t want to be in the sport if I’m not good at it because I’m losing. It’s the wrong sport to be in if you’re losing.”
“I just took a few days and talked to my friends and family. I still have it. When I train, I’m good. I know I can beat anybody in the world on a given night. So it’s not how I want to go out. I’m still capable. I’m healthy; my body feels good, so I’m going to continue on. I get motivated because I hate to lose, and I get scared of losing a fight, so I take them all equally important.”
Brown is coming off a difficult three round decision loss to Brazilian submission machine Rani Yahya earlier this year, a fight that saw him pick up a hand injury in the process. Will he return to winning ways against the Nam Phan this weekend and begin another run at the 145 pound title?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive