Saturday 6 August 2011

UFC 133 – Constantinos Philippou says he’s had enough time to prepare despite late change of opponent

UFC middleweight slugger, Constantinos Philippou has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming fight with Jorge Rivera at UFC 133 in Philadelphia, explaining he’ll be good to go come fight time despite an ever changing list of opponents.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Philippou said:

I’ve had enough time to prepare. Even though they switched my opponent last minute, it doesn’t matter. As long as I’m in shape, I don’t care who I fight. I think this is good for me. I’m going to win this one.”
“It’s obviously the biggest fight of my life. When I win this fight, it will be a huge step for me, and finally I’ll get to show (the UFC) who I really am, that I can actually fight, because the last two times I showed them that I basically sucked. Nobody really knows if I’m a good fighter yet because both times that they actually saw me, I was out of shape and I didn’t have anything to show. So I’m hoping this time I get to show what I’ve got. Definitely this fight is not going the distance. I’m hoping second or third round I get to finish Jorge Rivera.”

Rivera will be looking to get back to winning ways after his controversial second round TKO defeat at the hands of Michael Bisping in February. Prior to that he’d been on a three-fight winning streak inside the octagon. Phillippou will be making his second appearance inside the octagon after losing via unanimous decision to Nick Catone at UFC 128 in March. Prior to that he’d put together a 6-2 record overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive