Saturday 27 August 2011

Michael Bisping insists he has knockout power in his hands, thinks “Mayhem” Miller will come across a jerk on TUF 14

UFC middleweight contender, Michael Bisping has today insisted he has knockout power in his hands despite going to a decision more often that not in recent years, as well as predicting that his opposite number on the fourteenth season of “The Ultimate Fighter”, Jason “Mayhem” Miller, will come across a jerk when the show airs next month.
Speaking via ESPN.com, Bisping said:

“I always want to improve in every area. Listen, I’ve scored more stoppages than points in the UFC and I’ve scored three fights of the night. I’m not a one punch KO guy like Rampage, unfortunately, but I hit plenty hard, believe me. What a lot of people don’t know about me is I’m a converted south paw, which means my jabbing hand is my power hand. That’s why I’ve caught so many people with jabs and maybe don’t have one punch KO power like someone like Rampage. I’ve stopped 7 of 11 opponents, which isn’t bad for a guy who isn’t able to punch. The guys who have gone the distance with me hardly ever get finished: Matt Hamill,Chris Leben, Akiyama, who have only been stopped once or twice between them in their careers. But I always try to finish the fight.”
Bisping also spoke about how the two coaches on this season of “The Ultimate Fighter” might be perceived by the fans of the show, predicting his opposite number will come across as a jerk to viewers.
“I couldn’t really care less to be honest. It used to bother me, but when you coach a team of English against American fighters, you’ve sort of settled to be the villain. I’m glad it’s not UK vs. USA this team. I think Miller will come across as an absolute jerk. The main difference for this series is that other than the 1-2 occasions when Dan [Henderson] and I didn’t see eye to eye, we got along fine. Whereas Mayhem Miller is a person where if he moved into your neighborhood, the value of your house would go down.”
Bisping will be looking to pick up yet another win at 185 pounds as he edges ever closer to a shot at the middleweight title currently around the waist of one Anderson Silva. Can he give Miller a rude awakening when they square off at the end of what is likely to be a fun filled reality season on SPIKE TV?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive