Friday 1 July 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Dominick Cruz is never going to get treated like the champion


Photo
"He dwells on me and is jealous of my positivity. Those two things are a bad combo. I don't have many enemies out there, but he chose me and I just went with it. He's never going to get treated like the champ. That's what I have and he wants. I think it bugs him. It's extra motivation for me to shut him up. It'll make it better for the UFC if I win. It will be better for everybody."
-- One parting shot for the road from Urijah Faber (via MTVClutchBlog) to Dominick Cruz in advance of their UFC 132 main event bantamweight title fight on July 2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. "The California Kid" thinks it would be best for all involved if he walked out of "Sin City" with the 135-pound strap around his waist because "The Dominator," no matter what he does, will not ever be treated as a champion. That's because, despite being one of the best fighters in the world today, Cruz doesn't exactly have fans lined up around the block waiting to see him. Faber has never had that problem, though, as he was the poster boy for an entire promotion (WEC) before making his way to the big time in UFC. Now the Alpha Male is on the cusp of becoming a champion once again and he's ready to carry the bantamweight division into bigger and better things as the fight game continues to grow. Anyone care to disagree with Faber that it's better for business if he's the champion instead of Cruz come July 3?
by Geno Mrosko

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive