Friday 1 July 2011

Dana White details difference between Marquardt, Sonnen situations

Nate Marquardt and Chael Sonnen each claim to need Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). However, while Sonnen has been supported by UFC President Dana White, Marquardt has been told his career in the promotion is at an end.
“To me this is his 4th chance, this would be a 4th chance,” White said. "He tested positive before (in 2006, for PEDs), then apparently he was on suspension with New Jersey because his levels were high, then he comes into (UFC Live in Pennsylvania) and he doesn’t pass his medicals. Now you tell me is that 4th chance or is that a 2nd chance? Sounds like a 4th chance to me.”

“Nate’s a nice guy, he’s a real sweet, nice, humble guy, but the facts are the facts. It’s easier to go after a guy like Josh Barnett, you know what I mean? He’s just callous and rude and a dick, so you know so it’s easier when he does it to just go, you know what f--- Josh Barnett. The difference is Nate’s such a sweet, nice guy with the same results.”

“The difference with Chael and Marquardt, is we can talk about everything in the Chael incident. We can’t with Marquardt. I’ve seen some of the stuff people are saying. You think I’m this crazy, emotional psycho. Give me a break. This isn’t the first time. Everybody’s like, ‘Oh, give him a second chance.’ This would be like the fourth time.”
"There's a difference between testosterone replacement therapy and getting to a level where it's performance enhancing. I'm the furthest thing from a doctor but, I guess, sometimes they need to get it back to a normal level.
"But if it's over that, you're taking too much or you're seeing the wrong doctor. It works for guys who absolutely need it but it's a messy loophole."
“Nate’s done. I’m done with Nate. Nate is a really nice, sweet, humble guy. But the facts are the facts.”
While White is unyielding that Marquardt is permanently out of UFC, might Marquardt have a place in the Zuffa owned Strikeforce?
"I don't know," White said. "Don't even ask me about Strikeforce. I don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive