Saturday 9 July 2011

UFC on Versus 5 – Dan Hardy knows he has to beat Chris Lytle and he doesn’t need anyone to remind him

UFC welterweight, Dan Hardy has been giving his thoughts on his upcoming UFC on Versus 5 main event clash with Chris Lytle next month in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, explaining he knows he needs a win in this one after coming up short three times in a row.
Speaking via ThisIsNottingham.co.uk, Hardy said:
“Some people say I called him out, but really what happened was I used him as an example of someone who is always in great fights and someone I could have a potential fight of the night with. It sort of went from there, he also likes to fight guys like me and the fight makes sense for both of us. I just sense there is an understanding of what is going to happen on August 14. We are both preparing for a war, something worthy of a main-event spot.”
“A lot of people have asked about this fight being a must-win for me, coming off three losses. But no-one from the UFC has said anything like that to be honest. I’m out of touch a little bit in the UK. They’re leaving me to get on with it. Anyone in my position is aware of what’s at stake. I get 300 people every day on Twitter saying the same thing. I don’t need UFC President Dana White telling me as well. I know I have to win this one, but for myself more than anything. I am used to winning.”
Both men are coming off losses heading into this one with Hardy losing a trio of bouts to Georges St. Pierre, Carlos Condit and Anthony “Rumble” Johnson and Lytle surprisingly falling short against fellow veteran, Brian Ebersole. Stay tuned to MMABay for more on this as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive