Thursday 7 July 2011

UFC 137 – Jeremy Stephens targets an October showdown in Las Vegas with Dennis Siver

UFC lightweight slugger, Jeremy Stephens has targeted an October showdown with German heavy hitter, Dennis Siver on the UFC 137 card in Las Vegas, Nevada, explaining it’s the perfect fight to not only entertain the fans but help him climb up the ranks at 155 pounds.
Speaking via MMAJunkie.com, Stephens said:
“I want to take out a top contender. With Siver being an exciting fighter and doing pretty well, I think we’d put on a good one. I think he’s perfect guy for me and a great scrap. It’d be an exciting matchup. He’s a banger. He likes to throw. He’s on a win streak, and I’m not doing too bad myself. I’d like to take his ass out and show the world I’m ready to take out the competition and move to the top.”
“October would be the perfect time (with) the Diaz vs. St-Pierre card. I want on the main card. I want us to be the first fight and set the pace for the whole night. Dennis Siver, let’s do it.”
Stephens is riding a two-fight winning streak after defeating Marcus Davis and Danny Downes inside the octagon and has won four of his last five fights. As for Siver, the German bomber is riding a four fight winning steak after defeating Matt Wiman via unanimous decision this past weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive