Sunday 10 July 2011

Tyson Griffin ready to stick his nose into the featherweight title picture despite only one fight at the new weight

UFC featherweight rising star, Tyson Griffin has been giving his thoughts on what’s next for him inside the octagon following his 145 pound debut win just a few weeks ago, explaining he’s ready to sign up to face the top fighters in the division, even if it’s the champion.
Speaking via MMAWeekly.com, Griffin said:
“The weight cut was easier than I thought (it would be). I think I stack up great (at 145). I’m ready to fight more contenders and establish myself as number one. I’m ready to sign a fight with Kenny Florian or Chad Mendes or anybody that’s fought for the title or they consider number one. If Jose Aldo gets lined up for a fight and somebody gets injured, I’ll fight Jose Aldo next. I don’t care. I’m definitely ready for the challenge.”
Griffin is coming off an impressive unanimous decision win over former WEC title contender, Manny Gamburyan just recently inside the octagon, a win that could put him in the mix for a possible title shot should he add to it in the near future. Stay tuned to MMABay in the coming weeks for more on what’s next for the Xtreme Couture trained fighter as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive