Friday 29 July 2011

Paul “Semtex” Daley just doesn’t get why Dana White won’t resign him to the UFC ranks

Strikeforce welterweight contender, Paul “Semtex” Daley seems to be puzzled at the fact UFC President, Dana White refuses to resign him to the promotions ranks after kicking him out following a post-fight incident inside the octagon. Perhaps the clue is in that Paul…
Speaking via 106.7 The Fan, Daley said:
“I was at the fighters summit. Dana mentioned people he has problems with and named Josh Barnett. Basically he named everybody but me… I don’t understand his big problem with me. It’s definitely something personal because there’s been opportunities for things to happen and they’re not happening. I’m an exciting fighter. English people want to see me. I have a big fan base in the UK and a few fans in America.”
“A lot of people do want to see me back in the UFC. I’m happy with Strikeforce and I’m happy with the fights that I’ve got for now. I think that in the future after getting past Cyborg, I don’t see much in the way of big marquee fights I can have outside of the UFC. I’ve said in numerous interviews that I want to be back in the UFC so I’m not holding a grudge no more. I’m saying I want the UFC. This is from peer pressure from my fans saying ‘you deserve to be back in there. There’s people who don’t deserve to be back in there that get a lot of the lime light that have messed up’.
“I have reached out. He’s looked passed a lot, every other fighter he’s had a personal beef with he’s overlooked but for some reason he just don’t like me. I don’t know what it is. I’d like for him to explain it to me. I can’t remember apart from the whole Koscheck incident, which I think with any other fighter would be overlooked and they’d be on a banner or something. I dunno, I think it’s personal.”
Daley takes on top Strikeforce prospect, Tyron Woodley this weekend with a chance to fight for the vacant title resting in the balance for both men, something I’m sure deep down Dana hopes Daley will fall short of capturing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive