Tuesday 21 June 2011

UFC on Versus 4 – Matt Mitrione admits: “I really am quite possibly the most over hyped fighter to date”

UFC heavyweight prospect, Matt Mitrione has been quick to down play his rise up the ranks over the past year, going from making his professional debut against notorious street fighter, “Kimbo Slice” to putting together a 4-0 record inside the octagon, revealing he’s the most over hyped fighter on the roster.
Speaking via UFC.com, Mitrione said:
“I really am quite possibly the most over hyped fighter in the UFC to date. Especially at heavyweight. I have so much attention around me and I don’t know what it’s from. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve won a couple of fights and I’ve improved in each one. Is it The Ultimate Fighter or beating Kimbo Slice? I don’t know what it is.”
“It’s motivation. It’s ‘you have to go out there and earn this attention, boy.’ You have to go out there and earn your money and go out and chase your nickel down. I’m excited to do that. It’s fun to me. I don’t mind hype. As long as I perform to it and live up to it then I deserve it. Today that’s okay. But once you stop performing to that level or the attention of that level then that’s when you start to drown.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive