Monday 27 June 2011

UFC 132: Tito Ortiz is done with relationship drama and dirty laundry

Photo
Nothing personal, just business.
Don't expect any Twitter "drama" from former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz (15-8-1), who tries to stop the bleeding on his mixed martial arts career against Ryan Bader this Saturday night (July 2) at UFC 132: "Cruz vs. Faber 2" from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
"The Huntington Beach Bad Boy," who hasn't won a fight since Oct. 2006, begged to keep his job and prove to the UFC that despite his consecutive goose eggs over the past five years, he's still got something to offer the fans come fight night.
Tall, meet order.
Standing in his way is Bader (12-1), who ran roughshod over his 205-pound competition before suffering his first career defeat at the hands of the seemingly invincible Jon Jones earlier this year. No doubt he'll be looking to get revenge when he climbs into the Octagon in "Sin City."
And Ortiz tells the Orlando Sentinel he'll be focused and ready:
"I just need to focus on my life as a fighter. It’s very challenging and I’ve gone through a lot of things with the relationship and I kind have been drug through the coals a few times. And I keep my true friends and true family, who know what type of person I really am, [close]. I’ve dealt with a lot of demons and I’ve prevailed. I’ve kind of kept my mind straight for this fight. I’ve kind of been focusing strictly on the fight and I’ve kind of been pretty lonesome. But us fighters we’re very lonesome, that’s the way it goes I guess. And it kept my mind focused, I’m really, really happy. I don’t have, as people say, the drama. I don’t like drama at all, I hate it. Any attention I get, I want it to be positive reinforcement, no more than that. On my twitter @titoortiz, of course, I stopped talking about personal stuff. I no longer talk about that and no longer will talk about that stuff because I don’t think I should air out my dirty laundry ever and I made the mistake of doing that. Being alone and having no one to talk to, you fall into those mistakes. I’ve learned from those mistakes and I won’t let it happen again. Right now it’s strictly about my fight career."
Ortiz was originally scheduled to square off against Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC Fight Night 26 back on March 24 in Seattle, but was forced to ditch the Brazilian following a "minor concussion" suffered in training camp.
His last appearance was a lopsided unanimous decision loss to former Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 3 student Matt Hamill at UFC 121: "Lesnar vs. Velasquez" back in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive