Wednesday 29 June 2011

Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante pleads with Strikeforce to book him in fights more often

Brazilian lightweight stand-out, Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante has once again pleaded with Strikeforce officials to book him in fights more often after emerging from a three year spell which saw him injured and having problems with past employers, adding he’s healthy and raring to go.
Speaking via Tatame Magazine, Cavalcante said:
“I’ve had a sequence of injuries (in two years he only fought once), unsolved issues with the event, fights that were cancelled on the last minute (against Joachin Hansen, in Dynamite), a long time waiting for them to confirm my fight and of course that since it all started happening I wasn’t fighting C class guys. I’ve always fought tough guys and I’ve never picked my opponent. I see everything as a natural process and my determination and love to the sport is what made me not to give it all up. I’m healthy, waiting to get in the right track again, because I feel like I need to fight more often.”
On his most recent disappointment inside the cage, a no-contest with promising youngster Justin Wilcox, Cavalcante said:
“After the first round, I returned more aggressive and willing to really go for it on the second round, because I was more at ease and I felt like I had to take charge of things in there. After hitting him with a frontal kick, I don’t know if he tried to grab my legs or if he was trying to punch me, but I fit a crossed-punch and then I stretched my arms to get some space and he basically got his eye and found my finger. Actually I couldn’t tell if I really had hit him in the eye, even because it’s a really delicate zone, where everything bothers you. He felt on the floor and I respect his and the judge’s call.”
The frustrated Brazilian will now have to wait for the California based promotion to book him into another fight after waiting for longer than he would have liked for the fight with Wilcox to materialize. Stay tuned to MMABay for more news on where and against who “JZ” will return to action against as we get it.
By Michael Pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive