Tuesday 21 June 2011

Bigfoot Silva: I know I can knockout Alistair Overeem and win the Strikeforce grand prix

Photo via Esther Lin
Despite multiple sightings, some people believe "Bigfoot" is still a myth.
Brazilian roadblock Antonio Silva turned the world of mixed martial arts on its head by stopping Fedor Emelianenko in the quarterfinals of the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix Tournament back in February.
"The Last Emperor," an early favorite to win it all despite a submission loss to fellow entrant Fabricio Werdum in June 2010, was thoroughly thrashed by his much larger foe, who saw his stock rise dramatically in light of his upset win over the former PRIDE FC champion.
A win that also pushed current Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem into the new role of tournament favorite.
And while "Demolition Man" bounced Werdum from the grand prix back on June 18, his uninspired performance left many fans and pundits wondering what would happen in his semifinal fight against Silva.
"Bigfoot" has the answer:
"I respect Overeem, but I’m going to train hard. I’m going to train for three rounds, hard. I know I can knock out this guy. I can fight stand-up, fight on the ground, believe me.  I told you before, if I beat Fedor, I would win this tournament. I promised my fans, I promised my family, and I’m going to win this tournament."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive