Wednesday 11 May 2011

Urijah Faber keen for a super fight with Miguel Torres down the line

UFC bantamweight number one contender, Urijah Faber has been speaking about the possibilities of facing former champion, Miguel Torres in a super fight down the line, explaining he’s definitely an opponent he’d like to face especially now that he’s back on form and firing on all cylinders.
Speaking via FiveKnuckles.com, Faber said:
“I think it would be great. I think Miguel Torres is one of those people that guys love to watch fight. There’s peaks and valleys in careers, he’s had some peaks, he’s had some valleys, and it sounds like he’s back on track.”
“He’s refocused and against his last two opponents he had a really good style against those guys, and the reach advantage and things like that, but he does look good. He’s on a two fight win streak and that’s great.”
“I would say that we definitely want to fight each other and I’ve got nothing against him, but it’s a fight that we’ve all known about for a long time. I’ve got kind of a different feel for him since I dropped down to 35′s. I don’t know how he feels about me being in his territory, but it’s my territory now.”
The two men could set up a title fight between them if the stars align and they both win their next fights with Torres taking on Demetrious Johnson later this month at UFC 130 in Las Vegas before Faber challengers current champion, Dominick Cruz at UFC 132 just over a month later in the same city.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive