Saturday 29 January 2011

UFC 126 – Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto looking for a couple of good years inside the octagon before retiring

Japanese superstar, Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto has been speaking about mapping his career out over the next couple of years now that he’s joined the world’s premiere mixed martial arts promotion, as well as how he plans on rising to the top of the tree.
Speaking via UFC.com, Yamamoto said:
“I can fight when I’m older, but I don’t want to fight at that age. Maybe a couple more years and then I’ll quit. I always wanted to fight in the US and now the UFC has my weight (135), so it’s the right time. This is my last season.”
When asked for his opinion on reigning UFC bantamweight champion, Dominick Cruz, “Kid” said:
“Nothing special. I’ll bring him down. Every fighter thinks like that. That’s natural. What am I supposed to say, ‘Oh, he’s better than me”? He’s stronger than me”?’ No way, I can take anybody! It’s so funny. It’s not a big deal (laughs). Tell everybody to chill out and not to get too excited. Everybody has to think that they are the best.”
“These people can bet against me. They can bet all of their money on my opponents. And then they will lose their money. I don’t live in the past. I forget everything. I want to go to the top. I want the belt. That’s it.”
The Japanese star revealed that his decision was made to join the Las Vegas based promotion as soon as he heard the WEC had merged with the UFC, giving 135 pounders a real chance to establish themselves as major fighters throughout the mixed martial arts world. He faces former WEC stand-out, Demetrious Johnson at UFC 126 next weekend in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive