Wednesday 11 May 2011

Chad Mendes waiting for word from the UFC about fighting Jose Aldo next

UFC featherweight contender, Chad Mendes has revealed that he’s still waiting to hear from the Las Vegas based promotion about fighting current 145 pound champion, Jose Aldo next inside the octagon, stating it’s what he’s hoping for.
The next portion is a part of an interview conducted with Mendes by USA Today:
So have you been offered the Aldo fight officially?
It’s nothing official. I haven’t signed anything yet, but I’m hoping. That’s what I want.
When you heard Dana say that you’re likely the next guy for the title shot, what went through your mind?
We’ve kind of been talking about it for awhile, and I was hoping that it was going to be. Just hearing him say that, it’s awesome, man. I’ve only been doing this for three years. I have 10 fights, and to be fighting for a UFC world title, it’s unreal. This is definitely my dream. I’m living my dream and taking it a day at a time and soaking it all up.
Mendes is undefeated at 10-0 in his mixed martial arts career after defeating Japanese superstar, Michihiro Omigawa last time out at UFC 126 in February. Does this powerhouse wrestler have a point when it comes to the grappling conditioning of the champ or will he fall victim to a fully fit Aldo when the time comes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive