Thursday 26 May 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Rampage Jackson regrets being too out of shape for title shot against 'Shogun' Rua

Photo via Twitter
Photo via Twitter
"I regret blowing up after my November fight because I couldn't fight Shogun when Rashad got hurt. I want to try to keep my weight down in between fights. I want to try and stay in shape so I can look like a professional fighter all the time."
-- It looks like Quinton Jackson cares about being in fight shape after all. The Memphis native is taking his training seriously, no matter how much he hates doing it, or at least that's what he claimed at the UFC 130 pre-fight press conference. Jackson is notorious for his massive weight gains in between fights, most notably having to lose over 45-pounds to make the light heavyweight limit in just eight weeks for his UFC 114 fight against Rashad Evans. The Wolfslair fighter said he doesn't want to continue repeating his cycle of slacking off after fights and having to spend more time losing weight in training camp than actually preparing for his opposition. "Rampage" certainly looks ripped in the picture above and as he said today (May 25, 2011), "it's nice to have abs again." Care to change your mind on Jackson's work ethic? And does this make you second guess his motivation heading into his May 28 fight against Matt Hamill in Las Vegas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive