Wednesday 25 May 2011

Jon Jones: I'm expected to compete against Lyoto Machida or 'Rampage' Jackson in October

News
Photo
The cat is fully out of the bag.
The muddled light heavyweight title picture will be sorting itself out within the next week, as the Quinton Jackson vs. Matt Hamill fight at UFC 130 could determine the next challenger to Jon Jones and his 205-pound strap.
That's because in a recent interview with 1260 the Score in Syracuse (via SportsRadioInterviews), "Bones" said he's expected to throw down with either "Rampage" or Lyoto Machida:
"I had to postpone my first title defense against Rashad Evans due to some torn tissues in my thumb. My last doctor's appointment they told me I should be able to get back to full out training within the next month. I'm excited about that. I'm expected to compete against Lyoto Machida or Rampage Jackson in maybe October, mid-October."
The decision facing UFC could be made rather simple if Hamill is to dispose of Jackson on May 28 in Las Vegas; however, the former Pride standout is the odds on favorite to get the job done.
If he does, his title aspirations may hinge on how spectacular he wins. If the choices are a drawn out decision vs. a flying front kick knockout, the latter will win every time.
Come to think of it, even if "Rampage" scores a devastating one-punch stoppage, is that enough to justify his receiving the shot over "The Dragon?" Who deserves it more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive