Monday 30 May 2011

Dana White confirms Chael Sonnen won’t fight anywhere if the California State Athletic Commission uphold his suspension

UFC President, Dana White has confirmed that middleweight bad-boy, Chael Sonnen won’t be fighting anywhere if the California State Athletic Commission upholds his indefinite suspension next month despite the Team Quest fighter technically being able to compete in a number of states across the U.S. and overseas.
Speaking at the post-fight press conference in Las Vegas this past weekend, Dana said:
“He’s going to have to pay his dues and straighten his stuff out with (the CSAC), even though I think what’s happened to him is wrong. I think Chael has paid his dues. Can you keep a guy from making a living for having a big mouth? He’s a big mouth. He says dumb (crap). He says stuff that doesn’t make sense sometimes. He lives on his own little planet. I can tell you this: You go throughout the history of boxing and look at some of the guys that have been licensed in boxing and what they’ve done.”
“We will honor it. We won’t let him fight anywhere. We’ll honor that suspension until it’s cleared up. (The CSAC would) regulate me – they’re my boss too. You show me a guy who fought the government and won. Show me that guy. I want to meet him. I don’t want to be the guy to try. I do what I’m told.”
Sonnen will appear in front of the commission following June 29th and will be in a do-or-die situation if he wants to compete for the promotion in California, Nevada and any other states following suit. Stay tuned to MMABay for word on when this will be as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive