Tuesday 12 April 2011

UFC Quick Quote: Chael Sonnen wants to play poker with Keith Kizer and fight the worst guy on the UFC roster

Sonnen-wins_medium
"They have not given me a date but I'm pretty sure it's going to be very soon. I think he wants to get me in there as soon as possible. The director has been very stern with me. He was stern with me face-to-face. But he's also been very fair with me. He leveled with me, I would love to play poker with director Kizer, I'd clean him out. He's got no poker face. He'll tell you it straight, he'll tell you exactly how it is. And he told me I could come before his body as soon as I got done with the federal thing and look forward for a second chance. I think it will happen right away. I think it could happen as soon as this Friday. ... I'm real confident that we'll be in there within the month of April and we'll have resolution ... I had contact with the UFC, I reached out to them. I said, 'Guys, give me the worst guy you've got under contract' and you've got to understand, my focus has been in a lot of different directions. Dealing with the federal government is a tough thing. Losing a title fight that you put everything into is a tough thing ... I called them up and I leveled with them, I said, 'Give me the worst guy you've got under contract.' They said, 'Chael, Wanderlei won't fight you.' I said, 'Alright, give me the second worst guy you've got under contract.' They said, 'Chael, how many times do we have to tell you -- Cro Cop's a heavyweight.' I said, 'Alright, is there anybody available? How about Bisping? Is his dance card open? And they said, 'That might be a possibility.' That's where we left off. That just isn't my focus. My focus is making things right with Director Kizer."
Former number one middleweight contender, Chael Sonnen, looks forward to having his UFC contract "unfrozen" after resolving his legal woes stemming from a money laundering case that landed him in hot water with the U.S. District Court. While he's ready to pay his fine and serve his probation, the Team Quest trash-talker tells the MMA Hour he still has to get back in the good graces of Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer, who was less than thrilled with Sonnen's tall tales about phantom conversations during his recent steroids appeal in California. If he gets his license back and returns to action, will he still be considered at the top of the 185-pound food chain? Or does he need to work his way back into contention? Where do you rank Sonnen in the middleweight top ten -- if at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive