Thursday 27 January 2011

UFC 126 – Demetrious Johnson says “Kid” Yamamoto is the Pacquiao of Japan, looking forward to testing himself


Former WEC bantamweight livewire, Demetrious Johnson has been speaking about his upcoming clash with Japanese superstar, Norifumi “Kid” Yamamoto at UFC 126 early next month in Las Vegas, explaining he’s looking forward to testing himself against one of the best in the world.
Speaking via UFC.com, Johnson said:
“He’s one of the biggest stars in Japan. He’s like the Manny Pacquiao of Japan. He’s a good striker, very athletic. Everybody sees him as a legend of the sport – which he is – and I want to test myself against him. I’ll probably be the quickest person he’s ever come up against because he usually fights up a weight class at 145 or 155. I think he’ll find that I can match him in speed or maybe even be faster than he is. We’re both explosive so it’ll be fireworks when we’re in there together. I’ll just go out there and do my best,” he said. “I love to fight. When I fight I don’t go in there for a paycheck, I go in there to have fun and just do my thing. I’m still just Joe Schmoe out on the streets just like everybody else and I like it like that.”
Johnson rebounded from a WEC debut defeat at the hands of Brad Pickett to defeat both Nick Pace and Damacio Page in impressive fashion, the latter via submission in the third round. Stay tuned to MMABay for more build-up to this one as we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive